Walid's Wanderings

Reflections on life, good-and-evil, family, humanity, and anything else that occurs to me, usually when I travel. Right now I am on a 6-year trip through Lebanon, the homeland I had never really lived in before.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Random Observations

As I drove into Beirut today, the most eerie feeling was the lack of reception for the BBC station on my radio. Was that an omen? As I approached the camp-in zone, black-unifromed army personnel were re-routing traffic around the area, and traffic was on the light side of normal. The side of the overpass overlooking the tents was also under guard, possibly because it had been turned into a parking lot, and possibley to prevent someone throwing stones.

The other main thing I noticed was that the canadian maples planted alongside the Lebanese Canadian bank. Their leaves were just starting to turn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home